How a workplace asks its employees to dress speaks volumes about the work culture that is practiced in the workspace. An 'all casual, no business wear' dress code is usually exclusive to entertainment companies whereas a 'suit and tie' dress code speaks of a workspace where you may have to conduct frequent client interactions, have meetings, and consistently communicating professionalism is an utmost priority.
While dress codes are pretty common in law and finance firms, the underlying benefits of dressing up are soon catching up and many employers are now encouraging their staff to dress up for work.
So, does wearing the right formal attire to work really increase productivity?
Let's find out!
To be successful, you need to be in the right frame of mind at all times and be persistent with what you are doing. Being in a pair of trousers paired with a nice, well-fitting blouse or a top can boost your confidence significantly. This boost works like a charm throughout the day and you may find yourself being more involved in what's on the plate and be consistent with the progress you are making.
Understanding this, Le Réussi designs women's formal clothing that is comfortable and professional at the same time. With a wide range of attire choices to pick from, mix and match your favorites to create an office look that's put together for productivity and style!
8 Fabulous Ways Dressing Up For Work Increases Your Productivity!
1. Dress codes have an impact on the way a brand shapes itself. While a young tech or entertainment company can have a casual dress code, the same may not follow for companies that are constantly interacting with clients. A well-dressed professional is seen as a dedicated employee who is investing their time, knowledge, and energy into growing with the organization. This is considered professional and impresses prospecting clients… something that's important for sealing a deal.
2. Clothes do have an influence on how people treat you. Wearing professional attire gives out the impression that you are involved in what you are doing and are ambitious about it. Moreover, dressing up puts you in a position of authority and this can be immensely helpful when dealing with a team or leading a project. Additionally, it is often noted that the way a person dresses up is a reflection of their personality and social consciousness, factors that make them approachable and professional at the same time.
3. A dress code equalizes everyone at work. When you do not have to think too much about dressing up, life definitely gets easier. The formal form of clothing has evolved over the years and one of its biggest benefits is that it equalizes everyone at work.
Everyone is donned to represent professionalism, dedication to what they are doing, and being a part of the growth cycle. A dress code puts every person with different talents into a working category that aims at being productive and efficient.
4. The perks of having a work-wear and casual-day partition are worth everything. Having to wear different forms of clothing on different occasions creates a balance with the perception of clothing. While a business suit readies you for conquering challenges, a pair of relaxed trousers and blouse puts you in a comfortable mood. A balance between the two is crucial and ensures that you are motivated to deliver your best in the environment you are in!
5. Dressing up for work from home increases productivity! The pandemic has changed the face of work as we know it. Many organizations and companies switched to work from home during this time for the safety of their employees including tech giants like Google, Facebook, and even Amazon!
With the comfort of working from your couch, many people experienced fatigue and lack of motivation to work, something no company in their right mind would want its employees to feel.
No long after such realization, many companies encouraged their employees to dress up for work from home to experience a sense of purpose and to boost productivity at work.
Dressing up creates a sense of normalcy and routine. Remember dressing up for work before grabbing your coffee? That was a routine and though you are still at home, dressing up establishes familiarity with what was normal and that induces a sense of routine. You may still walk up to your kitchen and grab a quick coffee or treat and that's just part of the routine!
6. Induces a sense of control. You are in charge of what you want to wear to work. And that's empowering! You can be pairing your favorite blouse or top with a pair of office pants or skirts or just be putting on a dress. It's totally up to you! This puts you in a position of making decisions and a sense of responsibility about how you are going to feel for the rest of the day!
7. You are what you wear at the end of the day! What you decide to wear can either make you super productive or you may spend the day struggling with one task. Dressing up is often associated with getting work done or having important things to take care of. Not only does it make you look good, but it also makes you feel good as well while creating a shift from relaxed and comfortable mode to work mode.
8. It creates boundaries. Having to dress up is not just about buying the right outfit. It's about taking care of them once you are done wearing them, it's about matching them to create a 'put-together look and it's also about the way the attire makes you feel. How you dress creates boundaries that are important, be it when you are working from the office or from the comfort of your home. It is said that the secret to a happy life starts from not taking work home and with a simple 20-minute dressing-up routine, you can achieve complete peace of mind.
Bottom line: Dressing up for productivity? A big thumbs up!
The right formal attire can change how you spend your day. Right from picking an outfit to accomplishing all your tasks for the day, dressing up has a tremendous impact on productivity.
And we at Le Réussi understand this.
Our range of clothes is created to match up to your work standards and we are constantly on the move with our designs to strengthen inclusiveness with sizes and fabrics. With every attire stitched together to enhance your productivity and chance at success, never miss an opportunity with Le Réussi!
Wondering how to get productive? We got you!
Shop at Le Réussi today!
Leave a comment